Careers at Ausvet
Working with Ausvet
Ausvet has a dynamic and growing team of experts and resource staff, with skills across a range of disciplines including epidemiology, sociology, information technology, biostatistics, program management, and international development.
Most of the team is currently based either in the Canberra (ACT) or Fremantle (WA) offices in Australia.
If we have any open calls to fill positions, you’ll find them on this page as well as relevant employment web sites and mailing lists.
Ausvet is always interested to hear from passionate, experienced and well-qualified people who think that they could bring something extraordinary to our team. We are always on the look out for shining stars.
Contact us and send in your CV with a clear description of your qualifications, experience and what you think you could bring to the team. We’d love to hear from you if you think you have something special to offer.
Read more about our company policies regarding Police Checks prior to commencement and Privacy and Confidentiality.
OPEN: Project and Finance Administrative Assistant - 12-month, part-time contract. Closes 18 December, 2018
Job tasks and responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for a Project and Finance Administrative Assistant to join our Canberra office. This will include a diverse range of finance and project management related tasks which will require the incumbent to be flexible, proactive and have a ‘can-do’ attitude. This is a junior role which is ideally suited to a recent school leaver and/or someone wanting to gain basic knowledge and experience in Finance or Project Management.
The key responsibilities of this position will include:
• performing data entry tasks
• stakeholder engagement – liaising with employees, clients
• processing invoices for accounts payable and receivable
• assisting with payroll administration
• allocating work for employees int he company’s project management system
• maintaining a record of projects including their current state and future milestones
• sending weekly progress milestone reminder emails
• other finance and project management administration task as required.
Skills and experience
The successful applicant will have the following competencies:
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to learn
Essential Skills, Experience, and Qualifications
• A friendly ‘can-do’ attitude
• Good time management skills
• An ability to follow directions and work autonomously at times
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite (specifically Word and Excel)
• An ability to understand client work contracts
• Strong attention to detail
• An ability to keep track of multiple projects and financial accounts
• Problem-solving and mathematics skills
This is a 12-month fixed-term part-time position for 25 hours per week.
Interested applicants should send their CV and a cover letter addressing the required competencies, and essential criteria for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Tuesday 18 December 2018.
Please note that all prospective employees are required to undertake a police check prior to engagement. For more information please refer to the Police Check Policy on our website – www.ausvet.com.au
Download the position description here
CLOSED: Human Resources Manager – 5 month contract - Canberra, ACT.
Ausvet is looking for a maternity leave replacement for our HR Manager in the Canberra Office between 3 December 2018 and 3 June 2019 (with the possibility of extension). Working autonomously and reporting straight to the Managing Director, the role is responsible for championing, progressing and improving Ausvet’s HR agenda and risk management framework. This role also has management responsibility for the Canberra Office’s Administration Officer and up to one other position.
The specific position tasks and responsibilities for this role include:
- Champion and drive the HR agenda to improve organisational capability, performance and compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for all aspects of HRM including recruitment and onboarding, performance management, WHS, employment conditions and learning and development.
- Provide timely advice, guidance and support to Ausvet Staff, the Executive and the Board on both operational and strategic HR matters.
- Drive the company’s agenda on risk management
- Design, develop and embed HR policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Benefits and Perks
The salary on offer for candidates meeting all of the specified requirements is $90,202 per annum (paid on a pro rata basis) + 9.5% superannuation. The successful applicant will also have access to free onsite car parking.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for HR generalist with strong attention to detail and high-level strategic thinking capabilities to fill this role.
The specific competencies we are looking for include:
High levelcommunication, representational and interpersonal skills High levelstrategic thinking capabilities High levelpersonal organisation and time management skills
- Self-aware, resilient and welcoming of change
- Ability to work both autonomously and within small team environments
Valuesand committed to the HR profession driven
The essential requirements for the role are:
- Tertiary qualifications in HRM
- AHRI Membership
- Demonstrated contemporary experience as
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated contemporary experience in the management of best practice HR initiatives
- Demonstrated experience in developing and embedding HR policies & procedures
high levelinfluencing and negotiation skills
The desirable requirements for the role are:
- Prior experience in developing, implementing and championing risk management policies
- Experience in change management methodologies and processes.
As this position is in Canberra, the successful candidate will need to have the ability to be employed in Australia (appropriate citizenship or work visa). This role will also involve travelling to the Fremantle office (WA) when required, including in December and April to facilitate performance appraisals. As such a willingness to travel is a must.
Applications for the position including a full Curriculum Vitae and a convincing covering
Please note the successful applicant will be required to undergo a police check in accordance with the Ausvet Police Check Policy (located on our website www.ausvet.com.au)
Download the position description here
CLOSED: Senior Consultant (Epidemiology) - Fremantle, WA
Ausvet is looking for a Senior Consultant in our Fremantle (Western Australia) office. The position involves:
- Leading several simultaneous projects, both in Australia and internationally
- Working as part of a team on larger projects, with other Senior Consultants
- Mentoring and supervising a small team of highly motivated and talented consultants
- Contributing high-level skills in epidemiology or a closely related discipline
- Generating new projects and strengthening networks
Ausvet’s goal is to attract highly skilled leaders and unleash their full technical and creative potential. As an agile private company, there is very little administrative overhead or bureaucracy to stand between our consultants and the fascinating work that needs to be done. The successful applicant will:
- Benefit from the stimulation of working with a team of talented, experienced and questioning colleagues
- Work in a flexible environment that respects the individual and their role in the team, and thrives on diversity
- Be based in a heritage building in the historical port town of Fremantle, with its vibrant café and dining culture, beaches, sailing, and nearby wine district
- Have an opportunity to travel widely and constantly experience new technical, cultural and management challenges
- Have an opportunity to progressively take increased responsibility and guide the future of the company
We are looking for an exceptional person to fill this role, with excellent technical skills (PhD or equivalent in a relevant field), extensive (least five years) relevant experience, but just as importantly, creativity and great interpersonal skills to work with clients from diverse cultures and take delight in supporting the professional development of our consultants. Ausvet has developed some important innovative approaches to epidemiological information management, so skills in data management and analysis, especially using SQL and R, but also GIS skills would be a strong advantage. If you also speak one or two languages (other than English), understand the sociological underpinning of effective disease surveillance, recognise that One Health means more than just zoonoses, and have experience working on development projects in Asia or Africa, then we are made for each other.
The salary offered is based on comparable levels for Australian scientists in a university or government setting, but you should also be motivated by a need for professional challenges and satisfaction, to make a difference, to be constantly learning, and a desire to achieve things that are not possible within the constraints of universities or government.
As this position is in Fremantle, the successful candidate will need to have the ability to be employed in Australia (appropriate citizenship or work visa). However, if you are not eligible to work in Australia but are still keen to work with Ausvet, we’d love to hear expressions of interest. We are considering expanding our team in the Lyon office, so we’d like to hear from those eligible to work in the EU.
Applications for the Fremantle position (or expressions of interest to be considered for other future positions), including a full Curriculum Vitae and a convincing (and preferably interesting) covering letter, should be submitted by email to email@example.com by 13 April 2018.
Please get in touch
L1, 34 Thynne St (Block E Trevor Pearcey House, Traeger Court)
Bruce ACT 2617
+61 2 6228 6200